Saturday, January 13, 2007

Guide me, O wise ones.

Okay, I'm making a Diamond Fantasy Shawl out of Classic Elite Miracle. I'm two rows from the end of the last chart (I'm making the "scarf" and not the "shawl" version, for those of you familiar with the pattern.) And, okay, I might have been a little optimistic on my yarn requirements. I figure I might get through one more row before I run out of string. So, here are my options:

(a) attempt to knit the final two points and bind off here, forgetting about the I-cord edging.
--This option seems least likely to work: it would leave a wonky end to the chart and an amateur looking edge.
(b) rip back to the last logical-seeming pattern pause (halfway through this chart) and attempt to run the points and the I-cord bind off with my remaining yarn.
--This option is quite attractive, but if I'm still short of yarn it will be heartbreaking.
(c) Go back to the Fold/attempt to locate another distributor and buy one more skein with which to finish as directed. Pray that the dye lots are close enough for government inspection.
--Elwood says, "That should be an easy color to match, right?" Umm. Maybe, but would the differences become more apparent after washing a couple times?
(d) Attempt to find on the knitting blogosphere someone with a partial skein of Miracle in color 3313, lot 0101. Completely forget about the fact that I was hoping to finish this project by last month.
--It would work, but it would have to be next year's Christmas present. As if I'll have time to knit presents next year.

So, knitters, what do you advise?

2 Comments:

Blogger sweetfigs said...

I'd try to get more of the yarn. If you wound up with a different dyelot, you could overdye the whole project. Good luck!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I'm seconding the above advice that getting more yarn would be easiest. I looked at my DFS and think that even if the last row or 2 and the I cord were a different dyelot it wouldn't be noticeable.

But if that doesn't work out, I think the last point of mine is a little longer than the others because it stretches out more, so if you ended it earlier I think you could fudge it with blocking. Good luck!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home