Friday, January 05, 2007

Accounting

(stretches) Ahh, it was a lovely internet break. I got some stuff DONE over the holidays, man, let me tell you. Not always the stuff I meant to do, mind you, but stuff nonetheless.

On New Year's Eve, I always get a little panic about properly documenting the year that is closing and preparing for the year to come. I asked Elwood at one point, "But what did we get DONE?" He sensibly replied:

"You got pregnant.
I got a job.
The Democrats won back the legislative branch."

Oh. Looking at it like that, I guess it was a pretty good year.

So, on to the yarn accounting:

THIS WINTER'S GIFTS

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sockatta socks for Mom.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Madil Iceland socks for the man. (Boy, do they bloom in the wash. I'm going with a different wool next time.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
An array of Mason-Dixon washcloths, various recipients

And? And? Shadow knitting! For the fabulous and much deserving KAH!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Front view of DNA scarf.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yeah, baby.

There is one more project left to knit, I admit. It's almost done but it turned out to be a little more ambitious than I'd originally intended. It might even get treated to a professional photography session before it wings off to its recipient. The object and I are both pretty excited about that.

I'm paring down my 'net time quite a bit; I pruned the RSS feed pretty severely, and will probably do the same for my LJ friends list over the next week or two. Blog maintenence is still on hold until further notice. I'll update those links soon, I promise.

Okay? On to the new year!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, the DNA scarf is fab!
And a pretty good year indeed...here's to babies and jobs and the first 100 hours!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll say it was a good year for y'all (and the nation)! More great stuff is ahead, I'm sure. How wonderful that you're so excited about the Outstanding-Outstanding Knitting Project! Can't wait to hear more when the time is right!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Pregnant, a job, and the Democrats.

Who could ask for more!!

Congratulations on all of the above.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Trope said...

Thanks, all! It was a brilliant year. Let's hope that this one is just as exciting.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home