Wednesday, September 20, 2006

photos

Finally! I won't keep you waiting. Photo-heavy post.

Sock repair. I'm very proud of this.

Beginnings of the Rosalind scarf. I'm running at exactly 30 inches for a pattern repeat--whee! I won't post more pics until it goes to the home it's meant for. It's a gift.


I got a feedbag's worth of wool from a meat sheep, and set about cleaning it last weekend. It was very exciting.

Exciting enough that I had to take lots of pictures of the muck and grime.

Exciting enough that I almost fell over from exhaustion. This came out of the first batch. (The other two batches got picked over considerably harder before the first wash. It was not a clean sheep.)

At last, it was finished and the yarn had a little party on the patio while drying.

The wool, once it's finally clean and dry, spins up beautifully on a spindle (I ran out of picture space, so no pics on the spindle just yet) but it's far too short for me to use it in the spinning wheel just yet. I suppose I'll stick with my long-staple commercial fiber when using that for the moment.

What's that, you say? My spinning wheel? You haven't met Babe yet? Check her out:



The cats, of course, like the box better than the present.



Good night, all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Schecki said...

Eeeeee! I have a Babe too! We'll have to get them together sometime. *^_^*

10:54 PM  
Blogger Trope said...

Uh oh, would that involve the creation of little Babes? Because mine is definitely too young for that. :)
I'd be happy to hear your advice and tricks!

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huzzah for the clean wool and the Babe!

We must get together for spinning. And SOON. I need some handholding whilst I attempt to teach myself how to ply.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Trope said...

Plying? Ha ha! What is this plying of which you speak? I know not of plying.

But, I have a book now! An authoritative book, they tell me!

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home