Tuesday, August 15, 2006

FO and test photos

This is just a random image test with the blogger photo software. We'll have to see what it looks like when it goes up, but this may be so easy that I never use Photobucket again. This, by the way, is the shawl I worked on all through Scotland.


This is the border to a blanket I've been working on, and you might notice that the bound-off edge is kind of hideous. I was not sure how to fix it so that it's pretty, and I was REALLY invested in getting it off the needles, if only for a few days, so I ignored all the warning signs that said, "Danger! DANGER!" and now I need to rip and mend. Monica over at passionknit has some really nice ruffles goin' on for the blanket she recently finished. What do you think: would I have the patience for that?

Your last photo is a representation of the yarn haul from Loopy: amazing steals on yarn. Most of this will become part of the Sooper Sekrit Project, and the novelty yarn just jumped in to be pretty.

Verdict on blogger photo: easy to upload. Difficult to justify and format. Blinkin' impossible to tell which photo is who, though perhaps if I'd named them more thoughtfully than "SV20730" this wouldn't be such an issue. And I've almost got a cable-less upload system from the camera workin' now. Take heart, there will be more photos soon.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I could only do the ruffles if they were in a contrasting color. That way it would feel kind of like a new project, almost. Maybe in a solid matching one of the shades in your variegated stripe?

7:03 AM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

oooh, pretty shawl! can't wait to see it in person. thanks for the info about the blogger photo software...maybe i'll stick with photobucket a little longer. cheers-

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks good to me, slacker. :)

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, I'm with carolyn and giddybug -- I don't see the least hideosity there. But the crucial question: Are you Art KIPping tonight? Please come please come please come!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I thought it was beautiful.

I don't know how to do anything fancier with photos than Blogger or Picasa so I'm happy I can just get something on there.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Trope said...

Thanks, guys, so much! I am so in love with Loopy this week--I stopped by just to say hello on Thursday. The semi-FO *is* a baby blanket, and yes, she sort of knits. So possibly, a re-do on the border is in order.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home