Wednesday, June 07, 2006

one of these things is not like the other

Remember how I bought all that closeout yarn? And how I wanted to make tank tops with all of it? Well, I got a little sidetracked. After Dana's lovely example, I wanted to make a Green Gable top. And neither of my two new yarns were nearly the right gauge for it. So, being a thrifty knitter, I recycled!

This project, ostensibly a shawl but in real life a closer cousin to the table runner, was not working out for me after two years.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
RIP, shawl. I worked on this project in the hospital, while trying to recover from a spinal tap. Good times? Nah. Frogging is more fun than knitting, lately.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So I made ramen noodles out of them. Yum!

One of these things is not like the other...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I got so excited that I had to wash and dry one right away, so I could begin knitting it. For once, I made gauge the first time out!

I don't feel like I've made very much progress, but actually I just finished some short rows for the bust, so I guess I'm clipping right along. (Yes, I'm measuring, and yes, I'm still getting gauge. When does this ever happen to me? Are the knitting gods planning a takedown soon?) Will post photos when the thing grows far enough down over my ribs to not be scandalous. Right now on the needles, it's a lumpy mess. But I can't wait to see it finished!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home