Monday, April 17, 2006

Those dark fiber arts

PZ Meyers links to the blog of a child molester/murderer/cannibal. I don't love these stories, and I shouldn't have clicked because these are the stories that keep me awake for days on end. However, I figured there wasn't any harm in checking out the main page (stunningly normal) and the links (mostly odd science stories and wacky news) and then I had to jump into the comments. There are folks who sort of knew him, strangers condemning him, stupid relativists coming to his defense (!!!), and strident responses to the stupid relativists, many with less-than-intellectual religious overtones. My favorite comment:

"ANYWAY THAT'S MY RANT!! I FEEL AWFUL FOR THE LITTLE GIRL'S FAMILY, AND I AM VERY ANGRY THAT SOME PSYCHO HAD THE NERVE TO BE SO BRUTAL, BUT WHEN SATIN IS LET INTO YOUR LIFE, AND GOD IS SHUT OUT YOU CAN DO DOME PRETTY STUPID SHIT!!!"

Yes, satin will be the death of us all. We should stick with safe fabrics, like cotton and wool. (snerk)

I'm glad I got off that blog before I harmed my brain. Don't go look, just trust me. (And check out the rest of Pharyngula; he's got some smart stuff up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home